Location: Richmond, VA
Department: Tour Planning and Delivery
Compensation: $50-60,000/yr + Commissions & Bonuses
Who We Are
NationsClassroom, the leader in providing educators with custom travel experiences for their students, will have a record year in 2023 and is hiring a Senior Tour Coordinator to ensure that we deliver great service to our educators, parents, and students.
This is an opportunity for you to contribute in a collaborative and fun team environment as you help plan and deliver amazing educational student trips to Washington, DC, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Colonial Virginia, Florida, and our National Parks.
What We’ll Expect
Live and Work the Inspire Nation “PACK” Values
- POSITIVITY – Positive attitude and a “can-do” spirit
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Own your results
- COLLABORATION – Teamwork makes the dream work
- KNOWLEDGE- Grow personally and professionally and strive to be better every day
What You Will Get to Do
- Be the primary point of contact with Tour Leaders and be responsible for each phase of the NationsClassroom tour promotion, registration, planning, and delivery processes collaborating with our sales and tour planning teams internally and vendor partners externally.
- Tour Registration and Promotion – Assist educators with promoting their tours through Zoom Parent Information meetings and help drive registrations by providing promotional materials
- Tour Planning – Gain a clear understanding of the needs of each Tour Leader and develop custom tour itineraries that meet their exact specifications to include transportation, hotels, meals, attractions, etc
- Tour Delivery – Assist with Parent Pre-Departure meetings in the evenings – typically via Zoom and assist on tour as needed – up to 14 days per year
Other Key Responsibilities and Key Factors for Success
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak travel season (March – June)
- Bachelor’s degree is not required, but a positive energetic outlook and the ability to not take yourself too seriously and have fun are important.
- Collaborate and be empathetic, caring in your support of fellow team members
- Be proactive to predict and overcome potential problems
- Strong deadline motivation and attention to detail are non-negotiables
- Respond within 24 hours to customer inquiries
- Be inquisitive and interested – ask questions to gain clarity and understanding
- Seek to always improve and openly accept positive coaching
- Knowledge of CANVA, Google Workspace and/or Hubspot is a plus!
What You Can Expect
- Above industry Standard Compensation- $50,000-$60,000 + commissions and bonuses
- Time Off and Vacation- Paid time off starting with 15 days annually (prorated hire year)
- Flexible Work Schedule in the Off-Season – June 20 – July 20 and November 20 – December 31
- A supportive leadership team who is genuinely interested in helping our teammates enjoy their work and develop to their full potential
- A Great Place to Work with a fun team committed to greatness.
- Benefits package include
- 401K after six months of employment
- Flex Medical Reimbursement Plan
- AFLAC Accident Coverage for you and eligible family members
- Casual dress – not just on Fridays
- Satisfaction of knowing that what you do on a daily basis inspires students through travel as they create lifelong memories
- Opportunity to advance your career in a fast-growing company
If inspiring and impacting the lives of students through educational travel is something about which you’re passionate and you live and can work our PACK Values, please submit your resume. Please also include a detailed and well-thought-out Cover Letter outlining your skills/experience and how they can help us fulfill our 2020 Vision.
- 60% of our team members are former educators.
- Everyone at NationsClassroom goes on tour at least 14 days a year.
- 90% of our team has at least one child.
- Staff pick for best time to go on tour: Fall.
- Favorite truth: It’s not work if you love what you do.
- 88% of our team traveled when they were in school.
- Research we believe: 86% of adults who traveled as teens say the experience made them more intellectually curious.
- Best part of being on tour: Watching the kids’ faces.