Student Travel Consultant - Account Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
Department: Tour Planning and Delivery
Compensation: $55-$75,000/yr, including commissions and bonuses
Who We Are
What We’ll Expect
Live and Work the Inspire Nation “PACK” Values
- POSITIVITY – Positive attitude and a “can-do” spirit
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Own your results
- COLLABORATION – Teamwork makes the dream work
- KNOWLEDGE- Grow personally and professionally and strive to be better every day
What You Will Get to Do
- Be the primary point of contact with Tour Leaders and be responsible for each phase of the NationsClassroom tour promotion, registration, planning, and delivery processes collaborating with our sales and tour planning teams internally and vendor partners externally.
- Tour Registration and Promotion – Assist educators with promoting their tours through Zoom Parent Information meetings and help drive registrations by providing promotional materials
- Tour Planning – Gain a clear understanding of the needs of each Tour Leader and develop custom tour itineraries that meet their exact specifications to include transportation, hotels, meals, attractions, etc
- Tour Delivery – Assist with Parent Pre-Departure meetings in the evenings – typically via Zoom and assist on tour as needed – up to 14 days per year
Other Key Responsibilities and Key Factors for Success
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak travel season (March – June)
- Bachelor’s degree is not required, but a positive energetic outlook and the ability to not take yourself too seriously and have fun are important.
- Collaborate and be empathetic, caring in your support of fellow team members
- Be proactive to predict and overcome potential problems
- Strong deadline motivation and attention to detail are non-negotiables
- Respond within 24 hours to customer inquiries
- Be inquisitive and interested – ask questions to gain clarity and understanding
- Seek to always improve and openly accept positive coaching
- Knowledge of CANVA, Google Workspace and/or Hubspot is a plus!
What You Can Expect
- Above industry Standard Compensation- $55,000-$75,000 + commissions and bonuses
- Time Off and Vacation- Paid time off starting with 15 days annually (prorated hire year)
- Flexible Work Schedule in the Off-Season – June 20 – July 20 and November 20 – December 31
- A supportive leadership team who is genuinely interested in helping our teammates enjoy their work and develop to their full potential
- A Great Place to Work with a fun team committed to greatness.
- Benefits package include
- 401K after six months of employment
- Flex Medical Reimbursement Plan
- AFLAC Accident Coverage for you and eligible family members
- Casual dress – not just on Fridays
- Satisfaction of knowing that what you do on a daily basis inspires students through travel as they create lifelong memories
- Opportunity to advance your career in a fast-growing company
If inspiring and impacting students’ lives through educational travel is something you’re passionate about and can work with our PACK Values, please submit your resume. Please also include a detailed and well-thought-out Cover Letter outlining your skills/experience.
- 60% of our team members are former educators.
- Everyone at NationsClassroom goes on tour at least 14 days a year.
- 90% of our team has at least one child.
- Staff pick for best time to go on tour: Fall.
- Favorite truth: It’s not work if you love what you do.
- 88% of our team traveled when they were in school.
- Research we believe: 86% of adults who traveled as teens say the experience made them more intellectually curious.
- Best part of being on tour: Watching the kids’ faces.
Parents and Students Rave About NationsClassroom Trips
I love you guys. You are the best. I can’t wait to start working on next years trip. If we can turn this trip this year with the government shutdown into one of the best trips I’ve ever taken with my kids then I can only imagine what next year brings. Thanks again for a great trip!
The staff at Nations Classroom has a special way of connecting with our staff, parents, and most important…our students. Their knowledge and expertise supersede my exceptions every year. We love and appreciate the relationship with Nations Classroom. Thanks for always going the extra distance to make our trip fun, educational and memorable for our students, parents, and staff. You put a huge smile on the faces of so many people…including mine. Looking forward to working with “ya’ll” next year.
After working with another mega tour company, I was so happy to find an experienced tour company that puts people first. I could relax because I knew from our first conversation that your people LOVE what they do and they put their hearts into doing their best for our kids. Thank you for all you do!