Southern Florida 4 days, 3 nights
Let Them Shine
Trip Length: 4 days, 3 nights
Diverse landscapes and ecosystems make Southern Florida a convenient destination for scientific studies about the importance of protecting fragile ecosystems and animal conservation.
- Hands-On Aquarium Program
- Beach Marine Biology Tour
- Animal Interaction & Wildlife Tour
- Guided Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Marine Mammal Care Lab & Dolphin Swim
- Kayak Trip, and much more...
Our ItineraryDownload itinerary
Below is a sample itinerary that may be customized to meet the needs of your group.
Day 1: Science Center & Aquarium
- Arrival in Southern Florida.
- Science Museum & Aquarium Experience: Southern Florida is home to dozens of aquariums, museums, and other STEM exhibits. Spend your first day in Florida focused on the STEM topic of your choice, the possibilities are endless.
- Beach Marine Biology Tour: Explore the shoreline with a naturalist tour guide. Students will be able to catch and release sea creatures they discover in the seagrass beds along the beach.
- Oleta River State Park Saltwater Lagoon & Beach Cookout: Explore this natural oasis just minutes from downtown Miami, and enjoy an evening cookout.
- Sunset Kayak Paddle Trip: Paddle into the sunset on Oleta River before wrapping up your evening.
Day 2: Agriculture, Animal Interaction, & Marine Mammals
- Fruit and Agriculture Education: Give students the opportunity to learn more about the agriculture and ecosystems of Southern Florida through a morning agriculture education program.
- Animal Interaction & Wildlife Tour: Visit a one-of-a-kind wildlife park and get up close and personal with the many primate species living in the park.
- Marine Mammal Care Lab & Dolphin Swim: Learn how dolphins and other marine animals are cared for with researches and trainers. After your tour, get into the water with these amazing mammals for an unforgettable experience.
- Marine Invertebrate Touch Tank: Before leaving your marine-minded afternoon, make sure to stop a the Touch Tank for more hands-on interactions with creatures of the sea.
Day 3: Turtle Education Program & Glass Bottom Boat
- Turtle Hospital Tour & Education Program: Learn about the rescue, rehabilitate, and release sea turtle program through a guided tour and program.
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park & Beach: The first undersea park in the United States, students will be able to explore coral reefs, seagrass beds, and mangrove swamps. Your group can choose to participate in a…
- Guided Glass Bottom Boat Tour: Explore the coral reefs without having to get wet. The glass-bottom boat tours bring students through the coral reefs for two hours of incredible site-seeing.
- Snorkeling Tour: Swim through the incredibly beautiful and diverse coral reefs in John Pennekamp State Park with your students.
Day 4: Everglades, Alligator Education, & Zoo
- Everglades Alligator Farm Tour: Take a tour through one of Florida’s gator farms! Students can learn more about snakes, crocodiles, and alligators through a guided tour of the farm. Groups may also have the chance to feed some of the animals!
- Airboat Ride Through the Everglades: Everglades Airboat rides are a thrilling 20-25 minute ride into the Everglades. Located between Miami and the Florida Keys, airboat tours show off the spectacular scenery of the Everglades.
- Alligator Education and Show: Watch an Alligator show where expert handlers educate guests on these modern dinosaurs.
- Zoo Miami: Zoo Miami is the largest and oldest zoological garden in Florida. With the warm, sub-tropical climate, the zoo is able to house animals from Asia, Australia, and Africa.
- Depart for Home