Location: Richmond, VA
Compensation: $40-45,000/yr + Bonus
Who We Are
NationsClassroom, the leader in providing educators with custom travel experiences for their students, will have a record year in 2023 and is hiring an Accounting Clerk/ Assistant Controller to ensure that we are able to accurately and timely provide accounting reports to our Tour Leaders externally and Leadership Team internally.
This is an opportunity for someone who “loves numbers” to contribute significantly in a collaborative and fun team environment as we serve educators and their parents to deliver amazing educational student trips to Washington, DC, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Colonial Virginia, Florida and our National Parks.
How You Will Work
Live the Inspire Nation “PACK” Values
- POSITIVITY – Positive attitude and a “can do” spirit.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Own your results.
- CREATIVITY – Challenge the status quo.
- KNOWLEDGE – Grow personally and professionally and strive to be better every day.
What You Will Get to Do
- Communicate directly with parents and assist them with tour registrations and account inquiries
- Quickbooks – Process vendor invoices in Quickbooks and remit payment as requested
- Upload all credit card charges in Quickbooks and perform monthly reconciliations
- Reconcile all customer payments against banking reports
- Perform the collections process with traveler accounts
- File financial documents
- Assist with booking reservations for tours when needed
- A positive, organized, and customer service mindset is essential
- Outstanding work ethic, strong problem resolution skills, and ability to accomplish daily
goals without micro-management
- Must be a multi-tasker
- Strong attention to detail required
- Technology proficiency should include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc…) and/or
Google Suite (Sheets, Mail, Docs, etc…)
- Quickbooks bookkeeping and general accounting experience ideal
- Excellent communication skills whether in writing, on the phone or in-person
What You Can Expect
- Above industry Standard Compensation- $40,000-$45,000 + bonuses
- Time Off and Vacation – Paid time off starting with 15 days annually (prorated hire year)
- Flexible Work Schedule in the Off-Season – Aug 1- Sept 1 and November 20 – December 31
- A supportive leadership team who is genuinely interested in helping our teammates enjoy their work and develop to their full potential
- A Great Place to Work with a fun team committed to greatness.
- Benefits package include
- 401K after six months of employment
- Flex Medical Reimbursement Plan
- AFLAC Accident Coverage for yourself and eligible family members
- Casual dress – not just on Fridays
- Satisfaction of knowing that what you do on a daily basis inspires students through travel as they create lifelong memories
- Opportunity to advance your career in a fast-growing company
If inspiring and impacting students’ lives through educational travel is something you’re passionate about and can work with our PACK Values, please submit your resume. Please also include a detailed and well-thought-out Cover Letter outlining your skills/experience.
- 60% of our team members are former educators.
- Everyone at NationsClassroom goes on tour at least 14 days a year.
- 90% of our team has at least one child.
- Staff pick for the best time to go on tour: Fall.
- Favorite truth: It’s not work if you love what you do.
- 88% of our team traveled when they were in school.
- Research we believe: 86% of adults who traveled as teens say the experience made them more intellectually curious.
- The best part of being on tour: Watching the kids’ faces.