Location: Richmond, VA
Who We Are
NationsClassroom, the leader in providing educators with custom travel experiences for their students, will have a record year in 2023 and is hiring a Base Camp Guru and Travel Office Assistant to ensure that we deliver great service to our educators, parents, and students.
This is an opportunity for you to advance your career by joining a mission-driven, fast-growing company and contribute right away in a collaborative and fun team environment as you help plan and deliver amazing educational student trips to Washington, DC, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Colonial Virginia, Florida and our National Parks.
How You Will Work
Live the Inspire Nation “PACK” Values
- POSITIVITY – Positive attitude and a “can-do” spirit
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Own your results
- COLLABORATION – Teamwork makes the dream work
- KNOWLEDGE- Grow personally and professionally and strive to be better every day
What You Will Get to Do – Exceed Educator Expectations
- Contribute and collaborate with a close-knit team to exceed the expectations of the educators that we serve
- Communicate with Educators and Parents – Communicate directly with teachers and parents to answer questions regarding registration and payment plans and other customer service phone calls.
- Tour Registration and Promotion – As needed, support Tour Coordinators and help them set up each tour in our custom software, create promotional materials (parent meeting flyers, posters, website landing pages, informational Powerpoint, registration letters, etc.), monitor online reservations and registrant balances, and develop reports using our custom reservation platform.
- Tour Planning – As needed, assist with booking restaurants, attractions, and other inclusions to match custom itineraries and ship and receive tour materials. Assist Tour Coordinators during peak tour season by monitoring inboxes and handling needs as they arise.
- Tour Delivery – Confirm itineraries are booked to match custom draft, secure and submit rooming lists, and pack and ship pre-departure materials.
- Office Organization and Support – Ensure that our office is always in optimal condition for your teammates to thrive. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining office supplies, ensuring the Break Room is always stocked with drinks, snacks, and simple lunch and snack items, and coordinating celebrations for holidays, work anniversaries, and birthdays.
- Other tasks as assigned
Other Key Responsibilities and Key Factors for Success
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak travel season (March – June).
- Pack your bags! You will travel to amazing destinations to help with the tour planning and delivery and be a key resource in evaluating vendor partners and attractions in new destinations – for up to 14 days a year.
- Bachelor’s degree is not required, but a positive, energetic outlook and the ability to not take yourself too seriously and have fun are important!
- Collaborate and be empathetic and caring in your support of fellow team members
- Be proactive in predicting and overcoming potential problems
- Strong deadline motivation and attention to detail are non- negotiables
- Manage a variety of details associated with trips for multiple schools simultaneously with multiple vendors and team members
- Respond within 24 hours to customer inquiries
- Be inquisitive and interested – ask questions to gain clarity and understanding
- Seek always to improve and openly accept positive coaching
- Knowledge of CANVA, Google Workspace, and Hubspot is a plus!
What You Can Expect
- Above industry Standard Compensation- $35,000-$45,000 + commissions and bonuses
- Time Off and Vacation – Paid time off starting with 15 days annually (prorated hire year)
- Flexible Work Schedule in the Off-Season – June 20 – July 20 and November 20 – December 31
- A supportive leadership team who is genuinely interested in helping our teammates enjoy their work and develop to their full potential
- A Great Place to Work with a fun team committed to greatness
- Benefits package includes
- 401K after six months of employment
- Flex Medical Reimbursement Plan
- AFLAC Accident Coverage for you and eligible family members
- Casual dress – not just on Fridays
- Satisfaction of knowing that what you do daily inspires students through travel as they create lifelong memories
- Opportunity to advance your career in a fast-growing company
If inspiring and impacting students’ lives through educational travel is something about which you’re passionate and live and can work our PACK Values, please submit your resume. Please also include a detailed and well-thought-out Cover Letter outlining your skills/experience and how they can help us fulfill our 2023 Vision.
- 60% of our team members are former educators.
- Everyone at NationsClassroom goes on tour at least 14 days a year.
- 90% of our team has at least one child.
- Staff pick for the best time to go on tour: Fall.
- Favorite truth: It’s not work if you love what you do.
- 88% of our team traveled when they were in school.
- Research we believe: 86% of adults who traveled as teens say the experience made them more intellectually curious.
- Best part of being on tour: Watching the kids’ faces.