Base Camp Guru - Office Coordinator
Location: Richmond, VA
Compensation: $40-50,000/yr, including bonuses
Who We Are
How You Will Work
Live the Inspire Nation “PACK” Values
- POSITIVITY – Positive attitude and a “can-do” spirit
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Own your results
- COLLABORATION – Teamwork makes the dream work
- KNOWLEDGE- Grow personally and professionally and strive to be better every day
What You Will Get to Do – Exceed Educator Expectations
- Contribute and collaborate with a close-knit team to exceed the expectations of the educators that we serve
- Communicate with Educators and Parents – Communicate directly with teachers and parents to answer questions regarding registration and payment plans and other customer service phone calls.
- Tour Registration and Promotion – As needed, support Tour Coordinators and help them set up each tour in our custom software, create promotional materials (parent meeting flyers, posters, website landing pages, informational Powerpoint, registration letters, etc.), monitor online reservations and registrant balances, and develop reports using our custom reservation platform.
- Tour Planning – As needed, assist with booking restaurants, attractions, and other inclusions to match custom itineraries and ship and receive tour materials. Assist Tour Coordinators during peak tour season by monitoring inboxes and handling needs as they arise.
- Tour Delivery – Confirm itineraries are booked to match custom draft, secure and submit rooming lists, and pack and ship pre-departure materials.
- Office Organization and Support – Ensure that our office is always in optimal condition for your teammates to thrive. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining office supplies, ensuring the Break Room is always stocked with drinks, snacks, and simple lunch and snack items, and coordinating celebrations for holidays, work anniversaries, and birthdays.
- Other tasks as assigned
Other Key Responsibilities and Key Factors for Success
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak travel season (March – June).
- Pack your bags! You will travel to amazing destinations to help with the tour planning and delivery and be a key resource in evaluating vendor partners and attractions in new destinations – for up to 14 days a year.
- Bachelor’s degree is not required, but a positive, energetic outlook and the ability to not take yourself too seriously and have fun are important!
- Collaborate and be empathetic and caring in your support of fellow team members
- Be proactive in predicting and overcoming potential problems
- Strong deadline motivation and attention to detail are non- negotiables
- Manage a variety of details associated with trips for multiple schools simultaneously with multiple vendors and team members
- Respond within 24 hours to customer inquiries
- Be inquisitive and interested – ask questions to gain clarity and understanding
- Seek always to improve and openly accept positive coaching
- Knowledge of CANVA, Google Workspace, and Hubspot is a plus!
What You Can Expect
- Above industry Standard Compensation- $35,000-$45,000 + commissions and bonuses
- Time Off and Vacation – Paid time off starting with 15 days annually (prorated hire year)
- Flexible Work Schedule in the Off-Season – June 20 – July 20 and November 20 – December 31
- A supportive leadership team who is genuinely interested in helping our teammates enjoy their work and develop to their full potential
- A Great Place to Work with a fun team committed to greatness
- Benefits package includes
- 401K after six months of employment
- Flex Medical Reimbursement Plan
- AFLAC Accident Coverage for you and eligible family members
- Casual dress – not just on Fridays
- Satisfaction of knowing that what you do daily inspires students through travel as they create lifelong memories
- Opportunity to advance your career in a fast-growing company
If inspiring and impacting students’ lives through educational travel is something you’re passionate about and can work with our PACK Values, please submit your resume. Please also include a detailed and well-thought-out Cover Letter outlining your skills/experience.
- 60% of our team members are former educators.
- Everyone at NationsClassroom goes on tour at least 14 days a year.
- 90% of our team has at least one child.
- Staff pick for the best time to go on tour: Fall.
- Favorite truth: It’s not work if you love what you do.
- 88% of our team traveled when they were in school.
- Research we believe: 86% of adults who traveled as teens say the experience made them more intellectually curious.
- Best part of being on tour: Watching the kids’ faces.
What Our Team Loves About NationsClassroom
I could not ask for a better company to work for than Nations Classroom. It has been an Amazing Experience. Just to see the loyalty, hard work, and dedication that goes into each tour to change the lives of so many children to see the world of travel. Nations always go the extra mile to ensure the students have an unforgettable experience they will remember for years to come.
Base Camp Guru
The staff at Nations Classroom has a special way of connecting with our staff, parents, and most important…our students. Their knowledge and expertise supersede my exceptions every year. We love and appreciate the relationship with Nations Classroom. Thanks for always going the extra distance to make our trip fun, educational and memorable for our students, parents, and staff. You put a huge smile on the faces of so many people…including mine. Looking forward to working with “ya’ll” next year.
After working with another mega tour company, I was so happy to find an experienced tour company that puts people first. I could relax because I knew from our first conversation that your people LOVE what they do and they put their hearts into doing their best for our kids. Thank you for all you do!